Eucalan has teamed up with renowned knit and crochet designer Kristin Omdahl to create Wrapture, a new jasmine-infused fragrance in the Eucalan line. Eucalan is famous for their no-rinse Delicate Wash, and the new scent reflects Kristin’s romantic sensibilities and the popular flower around her home in Southwest Florida.
Eucalan is a delicate wash that’s great for lingerie, hosiery, and swimwear, but it really shines when it comes to washing your delicate handmade projects. All Eucalan products are non-toxic, biodegradable, and free of bleach, phosphates, synthetic fragrance, and dye. Eucalan products also contain lanolin, which acts as a natural conditioner to help your finished projects stay squishy soft and free of static. The jasmine scent in Wrapture is a really pleasing floral that delicately fills the whole room. You’ll get faint whiffs of it once the garment you’re washing dries, too! Jasmine is also a natural antiseptic, so Wrapture is great to use when washing anything that is worn close to the skin.
A little intimidated when it comes to handwashing your finished projects? Here’s a quick guide to using Wrapture to keep your handmade items in tip-top shape:
1. Fill a large sink with lukewarm water and add a small dollop of Wrapture, then give it a quick swish with your hand to mix.
2. Place your garment in the water and gently press it down until it’s saturated with water. Don’t agitate or rub (this is what causes felting in wool fibers), just press or squeeze gently until everything is evenly saturated.
3. Leave your item to soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. Pick your garment up out of the sink and squeeze it gently to remove excess water – no need to rinse! Don’t twist or rub it, or leave it in the sink and let the water drain around it.
5. Roll your project in a clean towel to remove more moisture, and then block or lay flat to dry.
6. Done! Enjoy knowing that your project will last for years with proper care, and snuggle your nose in that fabulous jasmine scent!
We’re stocked up on Wrapture in the shop, so stop by and pick up a bottle.
As a special treat, we’re also giving a bottle away as part of the blog tour! How will you use Wrapture? On your latest finished project? To clean your swimsuit, undies, or other elastic items? Leave us a comment below to be entered in our drawing!